The word rudraksha is composed of two words – Rudra/रुद्र (form of Lord Shiva) and Aksha/अक्ष means “Tears”. It is said that in deep meditation out of ecstasy tears from Rudra fell on ground, from which later Rudraksha tree sprouted. All the devotees of Lord Shiva wear Rudraksha on body for staying in touch with the Divine.
Effects of wearing Rudraksha -:
Rudraksha have bio-magnetic properties & researches have proved that the Rudraksha beads have the ability to affect neuro physiology of human beings. It helps in controlling stress, improving our mind-set & outlook towards other things, helps in maintaining peace & tranquillity. Along with controlled lifestyle it also helps in maintaining blood pressure levels.
Taking care of Rudraksha
Rudraksha beads are generally very strong & if taken care properly can be used for life time. Here are some tips to maintain it –
- Advisable to remove it while bathing while bathing as soap/foam may get accumulated in pores & it may be difficult to clean it later.
- Similarly if you are using talcum powder, take proper precaution as the powder may get accumulated in pores & it may be difficult to clean later.
- Once a month advisable to keep it soaked in mild warm water for few hours. Additionally you can also squeeze a lemon to get rid of the clogged impurities in pores. You can then use a plastic brush for scrubbing to remove the impurities.
- You can then dry under a fan or even sunlight.
- Occasionally you can apply pure coconut oil to maintain its lustre & shine.
- Rudraksha can never be exchanged – If you are using it, don’t allow any other family members to use it.
- Rudraksha generally gets tuned with your body frequency in 15/20 days & you have to wear it regularly.
- If you have taken off Rudraksha for a long while, it is advisable to do abhishek, offer flowers & incense stick & then start wearing it.